Monday, June 11, 2007

"Undead in the City" First Review!

Title: Undead in the City
Author: Hera St. Aubyn
Publisher: Loose Id
Publisher URL:
www.loose-id.net
ISBN: 978-1-59632-466-4
Reviewer: Suni Farrar, Just Erotic Romance Reviews
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Heat level: O

Malveaux was a vampire, who, thanks to his sire, was in heat. He not only needed blood to survive, he craved sex. Due to Detroit’s horrendous blizzard, there were not many humans who Malveaux wanted to sink his teeth and other body parts into on the streets. Ducking into a local bar found Malveaux just what he was looking for, Tempest Moon. The leader of the rock n’ roll band commanded attention and he was just the vampire to give it to her.

My heart is still trying to recover after reading Undead in the City. The plot kept me on the edge. Malveaux was one dangerous vampire when angered. I would not want to be on his bad side. It was his interesting sense of justice that kept me reading, that and his uncanny ability to give Tempest multiple orgasms. Tempest was big on keeping the upper hand in life and in bed. Meeting up with Malveaux proved challenging for the musician. Undead in the City surpassed hot and went straight to raging boil. I recommend you read this one at night with your favorite toys on hand. The characters are that sexy. Both Tempest and Malveaux radiate power. It was great to watch their relationship unfold. Two muscle bound gladiators could not have provided as much entertainment as this couple, which made their coming together all the more gratifying. Ms. Aubyn did a fantastic job with Undead in the City. I’m looking forward to reading more novels from the author. The characters she created will stay with me for a long time to come. Congratulations to Ms. Aubyn on a novel well written.

6 comments:

Dani Harper, Author said...

Congratulations on a great review. How exciting is that? It really captured my attention.

Still hoping for my first review on my first book, but trying to be patient and focus on finishing the second book. Maybe I could ask you how you balance trying to promote the latest release while getting in enough writing time? (plus having a life, LOL)

Glad you posted the review, hope you get lots of reader response.

Dani

Hera St. Aubyn said...

Thanks so much, Dani! I'm happy it was a good one! Actually, the promo vs. writing vs. real life thing gets problematic sometimes. I tend to focus too much on writing -- and spend too much time isolated in my little writing cave -- and not enough time on creating healthy outlets for "real life." My son is grown so I don't have to do daily caregiving, and I work for myself, so I tend to focus on my writing/promo. I just try to do whatever I can every day. Please let me know when you get your first review!!! We'll squee together!
Hera

Anonymous said...

I saw your post at RD had thought I'd take a peek at your review. WOW. It's fantastic. And it sounds to me like you've got a really HOT read on your hands. Huge congratulations!!!

Hera St. Aubyn said...

Thanks, Megan! I'm very glad they liked the book! I really enjoyed writing it!
Hera

Pam P said...

That's a really great review, Hera - Congrats! Makes me want to read it all the more.

Hera St. Aubyn said...

Thanks so much, Pam! I'm so glad she liked the book!
Hera